RETIRING AT AGE 30 BEFORE HIS FIRST CHILD WAS BORN HE TALKS ABOUT HOW GETTING OUT OF THE DAILY GRIND CAN BE POSSIBLE AND HOW TO WANT FOR NOTHING...NOTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT THAT IS.
THE KEY IS UNDERSTANDING HOW WE EACH SPEND MONEY. BY MONETIZING EVERYTHING DOWN TO OUR TOILET PAPER SQUARES WE CAN BEGIN TO SEPARATE THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF.
FOR FUN I'M TAKING HIM ON! LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Let's start this adventure off with a list. I dare you all to take on my little challenge. Make a list of the top 10 activities that you love followed by how much they cost. I will indulge you with mine:
1) Waking up with a steaming fresh cup of coffee taking in the beautiful mountain views. (COST: 6 cents for the coffee)
2) Riding my horses on a beautiful day taking in the spectacular mountain panorama. (COST: -0-)
3) Working on my latest book (COST: -0-)
4) Swinging in my hammock reading a great book under my favorite tree. (COST: -0-)
5) Having lunch with my husband on our deck watching our cattle and horses graze nearby. (COST: $5.00 for the two of us)
6) Meeting friends for drinks after work: (COST: $30.00)
7) Sitting on our patio after a day spent working outside with a glass of wine watching our cows come into water and all of the scampering babies playing along the way.
8) Watching a beautiful sunset over the mountains in the evening (COST: -0-)
9) Cooking a fantastic gourmet meal for the two of us (COST: $20.00)
10) Being surrounded by family when they come to visit us. PRICELESS
Now you can reflect, make your own list. From there we will continue our journey.
Until next time! Have fun! Share it, love it and above all else enjoy it!
The Princess Rancher